Irish Water have commenced upgrading the waste-water system in and around Clane as part of the Upper Liffey Valley Sewerage Scheme.
The construction of the new pumping station is underway at the old Abbeylands entrance near the Abbeylands Shopping Centre.
As per the Irish Water public information evening and Kildare County Council notices, we understand that the following works and road closures have been scheduled.
- January 27th to March 20th: works within Central Park and Churchfield.
- March 23rd to April 6th: It is proposed to close the Celbridge Road from Central Park/Churchfield to Manzor’s The Village Inn. See Kildare County Council notice here.
- April 4th to 19th: It is proposed to close the top of Main Street – the junction between Celbridge Road and Kilcock Road. See Kildare County Council notices here and here.
- April 8th to May 8th: It is proposed to close the Ballinagappa Road from the Main Street junction to the pedestrian entrance to Hillview. See Kildare County Council notice here.
- June 30th to August 31st: It is proposed to work along the Prosperous Road.