On Friday October 12 Clane Tidy Towns held a community awards night in Manzor’s The Village Inn. A great crowd turned up and the Tidy Towns year was brought to a fitting close, appreciating all the hard work of everyone who contributed in any way to this year’s campaign.
Several awards were also announced on the night – for Award Winning Estates, Best-Presented Premises and for Best Volunteer.
Congratulations to our Award-Winning Estates for 2018:
- Capdoo Park
- Park View
- College Grove
- Abbey Park
- Mainham Wood
Special congratulations to the Outstanding Estates 2018:
- Central Park And Churchfield
The complete Award-Winning Estates judging report can be seen below.
The Best-Presented Premises 2018 was awarded to:
- Tom Gough and Sons Butchers
And this year a new award was presented for the first time: Best Volunteer. This was awarded to:
All these efforts contributed to the Clane Tidy Towns efforts in 2018, and helped Clane earn an additional 7 points In the national SuperValu Tidy Towns Competition, resulting in a Bronze Medal. The adjudication report on Clane can be seen here. Our sincere thanks to all involved in Clane Tidy Towns efforts in 2018. Rest well, and we look forward to your continued support in the future.
Clane Award-Winning Estates Competition – Judges Report 2018
A sincere thank you to those estates that entered the 2018 Award Winning Estates Competition, again generously supported by Clane Project Centre. This year the judges were asked to select a number of award-winning estates based on the judging guidelines overleaf.
All entry forms were reviewed and entrants visited during the Summer. The standard throughout was again very high, but the judges felt that some areas and initiatives deserved to be called out:
- Liffey Lawns – kept well throughout, with nice beds each side of the main road through the estate.
- Loughbollard – congratulations on working through the significant clean-up of the boundary area. The open areas were all well maintained, with nice flowers noticed at the entrances.
- Meadow Court and The Meadows – The new footpath between the entrances will be a useful amenity for residents. A well-maintained estate with some impressive gardens within.
- Hillview Heights + Hillview Green – thank you for leaving some of the hedges on the boundaries to flower for the bees. Some gardens boasted stunning hanging baskets.
After careful consideration of all the judging guidelines, the judges selected the following estates as Clane Tidy Towns Award Winning Estates for 2018:
- Capdoo Park – the entire estate was looking very well with the redeveloped entrance and new planting particularly admired. Nice to see the Ivy – a great choice for pollinators too.
- Brooklands – another impressive display with flowers all along the main road of the estate and in some stunning gardens. Very well maintained.
- Park View – a beautifully presented estate, lovingly maintained as always. Congratulations too on your pursuit of improved lighting, and the community compost area.
- College Grove – a lovely entrance again this year. The mulching of hedge cuttings was a great idea, and well-kept kerbing noticed throughout.
- Abbey Park – congratulations on the renewed entrance and planting in the various beds – all looking very well. Very thoughtful too to leave the dandelions in flower – very helpful to bees emerging after the winter.
- Mainham Wood – immaculately maintained – both inside and out – with very impressive floral displays in several gardens.
This year the judges wished to highlight two Outstanding Estates. The estates they deemed to be Outstanding in 2018 are:
- Ottomy – not just a stunning display at the entrance. Beautifully maintained beds, planters, corners were on show throughout the estate. Congratulations!
- Central Park and Churchfield – Very tastefully planted bed admired at the entrance. Many enhancements throughout the estate building on the progress of previous years. Fantastic!